Sunday, May 1, 2011

We have arrived!

3 planes - 4,000+ miles - 14 hours - and 1 lost piece of luggage [not mine] later, we have arrived in Norway!  Our wonderful drivers Olav & Torstein were awaiting our arrival with our picture in hand.  We loaded up our bags and set off on an hour and a half drive to meet our first host families in the city of Holmestrand.  

This town can only be described as "quaint."  Population 10,000 - Holmestrand sits right on the water.  I was so excited to be greeted by who I described "our new friends!" Hanna - my new host sister - was there to greet me and it was a quick walk to my new digs [not bad right?!]

[the view from the balcony]

We took a nice little stroll around town - grabbed some coffee!! - and then settled down to begin getting to know one another. [I will share more about my first host family in another blog once I have met all of them.]  And now... nap time!  I have a few hours to rest and get ready for dinner with the large group.  I wanted to let everyone know I am here safe & sound; more excited than ever!  Before I grab a couple of moments of sleep I must share one more picture...my dad will be jealous!

2 comments:

  1. We are jealous indeed. Looks like a beautiful place. Hope you will get out on the water even if there are sea monsters and you go over 10 degrees!. We are in Bayfield where it's snowing-hope your weather is better. Love you, Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Glad you made it there safe! Looks awesome! Be safe!

    ReplyDelete